Jodi Linton, who writes contemporary romance, is advised / owned / ruled by a royal feline named Princess Penelope. Supposedly there are things called "cowboys" in some of the human's books. I find this troubling, especially considering what Penelope reveals below in question 4. Well, I have some suggestions, starting with, "Get rid of the cows and get some cats."
I mean...cows? Really? Wouldn't you be more intrigued by "catboys" in books? I know I would.
But it could be worse--could be dogboys, I guess.
1) So, your human writes books. Does this mean he or she is home all day and easy to access? Elaborate if necessary.
Yes. Although, I’m starting to get annoyed by her constant attentiveness toward her *fictionalized* characters rather than giving me back rubs. Not to mention, my mid-morning naps have taken a back a burner. This really irks me.
2) What are your techniques for distracting your human during crucial writing moments, just because it's fun?
I’m known to throw a crumbles fit.
3) What indignities and neglect have you suffered because of your human's writing career?
I don’t get as many butt pats.
4) Tell me about the felines in your human's fiction. How often do they appear and how big a part do they play?
No. To tell the truth, I doubt I’ll ever be in one of Jodi’s books. Sometimes I get bent out of shape about this. And sometimes I just eat to calm my temper.
5) On the off-chance your human has yet to incorporate cats into a story, what are your plans for making sure she rectifies this egregious error and demonstration of poor writing skills?
I have a tendency to eat any and all paper that has been left lying around the house—so my mastermind plan is to leave teeth marks all over Jodi’s printed and complete manuscript until she sees the error of her ways.
6) What works of fiction or cinema involving cats does your human enjoy sharing with you?
7) If you could make one change to your human, what would it be?
That she jumps at my every meow.
8) Are cats bigger in Texas like everything else supposedly is?
Not really. But my belly pouch has gotten bigger. I know. It’s sad.
9) Your human's bio says she has a history degree. Historically speaking, tell us something awesome about cats.
I was a goddess in a previous life. Yep, that’s right—importance with a capital G! Well, at least the Egyptians seemed to believe so. They worshiped a goddess name Bast, who had a woman’s body and a head of a cat. Try topping that.
10) Your small human changed your name from Penelope to Princess. Are either of these based on books or stories? Which name do you prefer--or is there a very different name you have in mind for your next life?
Nope. She’s just bossy. It’s a problem we’re working through. What else… but *The Queen BI*&H* It’s just how I roll.
Find out more about the author here: Website ~ Twitter ~
~ Goodreads ~ Tumblr
I think the author could probably use some emails insisting that cats make some significant appearances in her future books for Penelope's sake. It sounds like the poor, beautiful feline is being sadly neglected, doesn't it? Her human actually does NOT jump at her every meow, and that should be rectified.
Meankitty & Typist (Jody Wallace)
www.meankitty.com * www.jodywallace.com